Apple watch released on April 24 and from then and now there has been great experience of users using Apple Watch.
Let’s see what does app developers need to know about Apple Watch. Here we share you few things that is must for developers:-
- Pairing Apple Watch with Apple iPhone and it is not a standalone device:- The Watch is meant to be dependent on the iPhone, which requires the presence of an iPhone to run third-party apps. The code itself is loaded on the phone and communicates with the device as a WatchKit extension.
- Featured Apps:- You can create a lightweight glance or notification system that allows your iOS app to be Watch-compatible (making Watch users happy) without sinking in too much development effort on a full-featured app.
- Glance Interfaces:- A glance is the interface that is used to display the most important information about the app. Actionable notifications also display a small glimpse of the information. The notifications can be tapped in order to open the watch app.
- Apple Watch Properties:- The developer should review watch properties by going to the Apple iTunes Connect Developer Guide. Properties can be found in the guide, as well as in the WatchKit.
- WatchKit Extension:- The WatchKit extension runs on the iPhone and also allows the developers to host the app’s UI. All the coding part resides on the iPhone itself.
Some UI essentials for the Apple Watch
- Storyboard Scenes:- The layout model of the watch app is quite different from that of the iPhone. No view hierarchies are created, but the Xcode arranges everything for the developer.
- Different Display Size:- The app can be customized in order to work on different screen sizes of the watch. The storyboard changes will be applied as default changes to all possible sizes.
- Interface Updation at Runtime:- There can be different modifications made by an interface controller like set or update data values, show or hide an object or change the size of the object.
- App’s Key Color:- There is a particular color for each WatchKit app. The association between the watch and the color can be applied to the title string in the status bar and to the app look in the notifications menu.
- Interface Internationalization:- The internationalization is enabled by default in the WatchKit app. WatchKit extensions have the same technology as the iOS apps, but use of a similar technology is restricted.
Concluding this we came to know that there are still many things to consider when going for such unique and innovative technology. App development for Apple is little bit tough. So, Moon Technolabs pay special attention to the UI to create powerful and elegant apps that enhances your brand image and have crafted crisp and competitive apps for iOS platform.Third party compatible apps for Apple watch should be developed with care. Moon Technolabs have expert developers who can work on Apple app development.