Completed 12 Years
Last Updated: 29 Jun 2021 | 10 min read
When an angular app development company works on an app development project, the professionals prioritize designing an intuitive and unique UI. However, it’s easy to talk about it, but things become difficult when handling the project. Selecting the appropriate frontend tech requires an in-depth understanding of how various platforms function and how you can leverage the specialities of those platforms for your project.
If you think you’re going to explore the documentation of every available tech, look into their pros and cons, scrutinize the way different organizations used them, you should forget about it. There’s no way to do it. Then again, you shouldn’t worry about it because you have this write-up at your disposal.
Here you’ll find an in-depth comparison between two rivalling~ frontend technologies – Polymer and Angular. The comparison will be on various grounds forming the base of every project of web app development. Both platforms have multiple approaches to development, and by the end of this write-up, you’ll have a clearer picture of your needs that you can satisfy with the right solution.
If you hire angular developers, they can build the following applications for you.
(1) A developer can utilize the functionality of custom element creation to compose CSS, HTML, and JS as custom elements.
(2) Polymer comes with structured and properly maintained documentation as opposed to Angular/React. It proves significantly advantageous when bringing in new developers to an existing team.
(3) Polymer supports one-way and two-way data binding. With the second functionality, developers can make changes in both downward and upward directions between host elements, as well as DOM elements. Naturally, data updates will take place between the target elements and the host automatically.
(4) The architecture of Polymer doesn’t include any extra security layer. That’s why developers connect to third-party libraries, such as Chart.js, Mathjax, d3js, and more to build applications without any hassle.
(1) Polymer doesn’t offer a clear explanation as to how a developer can leverage its specialities to organize and build large-scale applications. If you hire angular developers and ask them to work on a large-scale application using Polymer, they will disagree with you.
(2) Developers often find it difficult to understand the web component structure of Polymer and introduce necessary changes in their coding styles. Naturally, they rewrite the codes and spend a lot of time testing the same for bugs. In the long run, this problem affects the overall timeline of the projects and causes unnecessary delays.
(3) Polymer users often complain about its below-par performance standards in mobile applications. If most of your digital products are on mobile devices, you should reconsider your choice.
(2) Angular delivers incredibly high performance to the developers ensured by the hierarchical dependency injection, AOT compiler, Angular Universal support, differential loading, and Ivy renderer.
(3) Angular has long-term support from Google further backed with detailed documentation. There’s also a possibility that the framework will expand and receive enhanced developmental features in the future.
(4) Angular is one such framework that facilitates easy integration of third-party applications, which, in turn, offers more flexibility and tools for the progress of development.
(5) The command-line interface of Angular provides recommendations needed for loaders, dependencies, and plug-ins now and then.
(6) All modules and elements of Angular can accommodate integration from other frameworks. Developers can even customize things depending on their requirements. It’s also possible for them to reuse and manage the HTML elements of Angular by wrapping them as a DOM element.
(1) Shifting from AngularJS to Angular can be problematic for developers. The difficulties increase when the framework application is too large. Besides, just shifting from one to the other isn’t going to be enough. A developer has the learn how to use Angular if he/she transitions to it from AngularJS, and the associated learning curve is going to be steep.
(2) Even after having a component-based architecture, managing those components and associated repetitiveness make the frontend framework wordy for the development community.
(3) Due to the requirements of abstractions, boilerplate codes and other bundled features, even the simplest and smallest applications tend to get bloated.
The performance standard of an app is a crucial factor while developing a web application. In that regard, Polymer introduced lit-HTML v1.0 and LitElement v2.0. The former serves as a swift and lightweight HTML template library, while the latter is a JS library used for creating lightweight web components. The ultimate objective of both libraries is to augment the performance of an app with web components that a developer can use with or without app development frameworks.
For high-performance frameworks, Angular already managed to prove itself by facilitating enhanced performance. Ivy renderer bestows power upon the framework, which is a rewritten version of Angular’s rendering engine. It can make applications faster and more compact for unparalleled performance and compile components that further reduce the time required for the development.
The creators of Polymer developed an end-to-end testing environment. They call it the Web Component Tester. It has all the functionalities of a third-party testing tool, such as Sinon, Chai, Mocha, Selenium, and more. This feature negates the hassle of learning how to use a new tool.
Polymer developers don’t have to adhere to any specific structure as its main function is to build the web components for an application. There are four interconnected layers in the internal architecture of Polymer.
There is a Model-View-Controller architecture in Angular that isolates the logic of the app from the UI layer and supports the separation of concerns effectively. This architecture further helps to organize the components of the code according to design and performance-related differences. It even simplifies the development structure by combining the MVC pattern and two-way data binding.
Owing to the block structure of Polymers, developers can add new code blocks to the structure to scale an app up or down without altering previous codes. Most of the recognized and used browsers also support Polymer, which improves the possibility of achieving app compatibility. In short, it’s perfectly possible to build scalable frontend apps with Polymer.
Due to continuous support from Google and other world-renowned corporations, Angular is an all-inclusive framework that the providers of angular development services can use to create enterprise-level applications. The scalability of this framework is the result of its impactful feature designs and command-line interface.
Read More About: Angular 12 Brought Several New Features To The Table
Their team did a great job of managing the timeline and communicating their progress throughout the project. They were accommodating in the face of unexpected changes and delivered all key features. The updated app made it easier to track budgets and improved the finance department’s efficiency.
The new site is high functioning and has experienced an increase in users. The Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd team’s availability made the collaboration effortless and productive. They fostered a professional environment and produced a final product with no major problems.
The team delivered top-tier apps that garnered positive feedback from users and had minimal issues. They excelled at project management and were committed to surpassing expectations.
The enhanced system eliminated delays, streamlined reporting processes, and simplified every department's workflow. Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd communicated clearly and delivered each task on time. Their prompt, thorough approach kept the project on track.
It was a great experience to working with Moon Technolabs.We have worked on serveral Android App development Projects over the past year and are currently working on the iOS version of one of them. The team is very professional and responsive. In particular, they follow good project management practices,assigning ,me to a Project Manager, Who has been the single...
WThe client was pleased with the quality of final product, which was delivered on time. Moon Technolabs was responsive throughout the project.
The client has been happy with both the web design and marketing services provided. The time difference and slight language barrier have been a modest hindrance to collaboration, but have not impacted overall satisfaction.
Moon Technolabs have helped me in designing & developing this attractive iPad/iPhone Coloring book app and have supported me from scratch till uploading the app on App stores. I am highly recommending them for the best company in iPhone and iPad app.
The project timeline and estimates were on point and the end client was ultimately happy with the product.
The team often went further than was expected and needed.
The updated app has yet to launch, but Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd met every milestone ahead of time without sacrificing quality. Customers can expect an experienced team that provides speedy service and prompt responses to questions or issues. Their timeliness despite time zone differences stood out.