Completed 12 Years
Last Updated: 19 Jan 2021 | 10 min read
Choosing between cross-platform or native app development is usually one of the most tumultuous tasks that you have to undertake. Then again, your choice will depend on the project’s ecosystem, its requirements, and the perks of the platform. Apart from being cost-effective, cross-platform development prevents you from wasting time and money from creating two different applications for two separate platforms. This topic will attempt to shed some light on why you should pick Xamarin for your project.
Having a mobile strategy is mandatory for businesses struggling to achieve success in the world of the web. After all, a significant number of people across the globe currently use the internet through their smartphones. Conjuring an appropriate mobile strategy means creating a solution that works on several mobile platforms, particularly iOS and Android. Understandably, you should consider opting for cross-platform app development.
Here you’ll learn why you should opt for Xamarin and hire the best Xamarin mobile app development company for your project.
Statistical information can help you understand and evaluate the necessity of mobile devices in today’s day and age. Here are a few datasets worth checking out. Despite being relevant in 2019, you can be sure that they will remain so in 2021.
About 5.15 billion individuals making up 66.6% of the world’s population, possessed mobile devices. These included smartphones, IoT devices, tablets, etc. The number increased in 2020 and will go even higher in 2021.
About 3.3 billion people making up 42.62% of the world’s population used smartphones in 2019. You can probably guess that this number increased in 2020 and will go higher in 2021.
Researchers estimated that the market shares of mobile operating systems. Here are the numbers: KaiOS – 0.81%, Android – 76.08%, Windows Phone – 0.2%, and iOS -22.01%.
The data provided above proves that designing something compatible with multiple platforms results in a flexible application that delivers a pristine customer experience.
So, what is Xamarin? Initially based on the 2016 Mono Project, Microsoft acquired it and integrated it into its .NET platform. Right now, it’s an exceptionally popular open-source programming platform for cross-platform app development. When developers combine Xamarin, C# language with .NET, they get a chance to reuse almost 95% of the code. As a result, a Xamarin mobile app development company manages to cobble together applications for all mobile operating systems, including Android, iOS, and Windows. What about the effectiveness of this platform? If you take a look at the statistics, the products of Xamarin are famous all over the world. Based on reports, about 15,000+ organizations and 1.4+ million developers spread across 120 different countries used it in 2017. Even a world-renowned data-gathering firm found that Xamarin is among the most preferred frameworks of all time.
Here are a few perks of Xamarin that makes it perfect for enterprise mobile applications.
(1) The C# factor: If you want technologically advanced and powerful applications that will suit the requirements of your business, you should pick Xamarin. Established using Visual Studio, applications developed on Xamarin allow developers to work with just one language called C#. Naturally, they manage to complete cross-platform app development projects within a short period.
(2) Incredible flexibility: Xamarin stands on open-source technologies. That’s why it offers developers a chance to select components based on your business’s requirements. Resources such as UI controls, cross-platform libraries, and third-party web services let developers create applications that perform just like their native varietals.
(3) Surprisingly simple: As already mentioned earlier, Xamarin utilizes the .NET framework and C# that create a steadfast development environment for every mobile platform. Developers also need less time to complete a project if you allow them to use Xamarin. The code-sharing systems of Xamarin are exceptionally simple to manage. It can even reduce the cost to develop a mobile app on Xamarin.
(4) Security standards: Xamarin boasts of having a deep integration of the Azure Cloud. That’s why you can expect the app to be able to provide ample security to a user’s confidential data. The app, as well as the Azure connection on the backend, comes with HTTPS certificates 24/7 threat management protection systems against malware and spyware. Rest assured, both the app and the data stored on it will remain safe.
(5) Superfast prototyping: Due to Xamarin.Forms, developers can easily access cross-platform UI toolkits to create single-user interfaces that perform on any mobile device. This feature allows developers to share more code for the modification of the UI so that it works on every platform.
The benefits of Xamarin are many and varied, and you probably don’t have the time to go through them all. However, you need to know the cost to develop a mobile app using trending technologies. The salary of a Xamarin developer differs from one country to another. The project type also dictates it. Nevertheless, if you wish to hire an experienced developer, then you have to spend somewhere between $20 and $50 per hour based on the requirements of the project, its complexity, and the overall timeframe.
Choosing Xamarin for your project is surely going to be beneficial, particularly if you’re after cross-platform applications. As the owner of a business aiming for higher user engagement through your enterprise mobile application, Xamarin is the best tool that you’ll find. You should begin searching for the best Xamarin app developers are speak to them if you wish to learn more about the platform. Or, you can delve straight into the project and find out how much it will cost you to get an app developed.
Their team did a great job of managing the timeline and communicating their progress throughout the project. They were accommodating in the face of unexpected changes and delivered all key features. The updated app made it easier to track budgets and improved the finance department’s efficiency.
The new site is high functioning and has experienced an increase in users. The Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd team’s availability made the collaboration effortless and productive. They fostered a professional environment and produced a final product with no major problems.
The team delivered top-tier apps that garnered positive feedback from users and had minimal issues. They excelled at project management and were committed to surpassing expectations.
The enhanced system eliminated delays, streamlined reporting processes, and simplified every department’s workflow. Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd communicated clearly and delivered each task on time. Their prompt, thorough approach kept the project on track.
It was a great experience to working with Moon Technolabs.We have worked on serveral Android App development Projects over the past year and are currently working on the iOS version of one of them. The team is very professional and responsive. In particular, they follow good project management practices,assigning ,me to a Project Manager, Who has been the single…
WThe client was pleased with the quality of final product, which was delivered on time. Moon Technolabs was responsive throughout the project.
The client has been happy with both the web design and marketing services provided. The time difference and slight language barrier have been a modest hindrance to collaboration, but have not impacted overall satisfaction.
Moon Technolabs have helped me in designing & developing this attractive iPad/iPhone Coloring book app and have supported me from scratch till uploading the app on App stores. I am highly recommending them for the best company in iPhone and iPad app.
The project timeline and estimates were on point and the end client was ultimately happy with the product.
The team often went further than was expected and needed.
The updated app has yet to launch, but Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd met every milestone ahead of time without sacrificing quality. Customers can expect an experienced team that provides speedy service and prompt responses to questions or issues. Their timeliness despite time zone differences stood out.