Last Updated: 06 May 2021 | 8 min read
The product feed, also called a product data feed, is just a document enumerating various products with the most important details concerning those products. Those details may incorporate categories, images, prices, and everything in between. Also, the document can be in any format, whether TXT, CSV, XML or something else. If you wish to learn more about generating Facebook or Google product feeds using Magento 2, this topic deserves your attention.
Are you wondering what a product feed is all about? Also called a product data feed, it’s just a document enumerating various products, along with their details. Those details may incorporate pictures, categories, prices, and other crucial pieces of information. Also, the document can be in many different formats, including XML, CSV, TXT, etc.
You may not be aware of it, but product feeds are just about everywhere in the world of online shopping. They remain in the shadows and work secretly to help business owners like you in marketing and increasing conversions. You may consider learning how to use Magento 2 to generate Google or Facebook product feed. While you can always rely on a Magento 2 development company, going through this write-up will allow you to do it by yourself. Product feed generation is mandatory because marketing giants like Google, Facebook, and Amazon utilize product data feeds to enhance their listings.
Whenever you run into an advertisement of a product on the internet, you can be certain that it’s from a product data feed. Marketing platforms will rely on data from your feeds to ascertain your campaign’s strength. They can also utilize the feeds to find out whether the products you’re selling should appear against a specific search query or not. If you use product feeds appropriately, it can boost your presence in an online shopping platform profoundly.
The advantages: Using product feeds can be significantly advantageous. Here are a few of the benefits of using a product feed generated properly.
First of all, getting a Magento 2 development company to generate product feeds for your business can lead to an improvement in data accuracy.
Marketing platforms will receive important and specific information concerning the products you have to offer and enlist them accordingly.
Product feeds can help you build the presence of your products in the online market. Marketing platforms list products and display them on certain queries based on those feeds.
When the algorithms for marketing attempt to decide which products to show to viewers, they utilize the product feed.
Product feed generation gives you data flexibility. Just one product feed is powerful enough to help you augment and modify your product data to increase conversions.
You can generate product feed manually, but to do it, you’ll need Magento e-commerce website development services. You can also handle it without professional support. Just enter the details of a product in a spreadsheet or TXT file. Then again, this method may not be feasible for a store with lots of products to display and sell. Naturally, doing it manually isn’t a worthwhile option. Fortunately, Magento 2 lets you use automatically generated product feeds. A few development agencies offer free-to-use extensions that you can rely on for generating product feeds.
By using such an extension, you can create as many feeds as you need. They are perfect for online marketing platforms, including Google and Facebook. Business owners can use products, regardless of the category they belong to from anywhere on the store for feed generation purposes.
First of all, you must find a provider of Magento e-commerce website development services to create a product feed generating extension for your business. Once you have it at your disposal, just follow the steps described below.
(1) Head to the Navigate to Admin panel and then to Manage Feed list.
(2) Click on the Add Feed button. This particular section even lets you select the feed type, which can be CSV, XML, or something else from the dropdown menu.
(3) Once you get to the general setting section, choose the options you prefer. You may provide a name, select the feed type, get a store view, add Status, add child product links, and build an Execution mode.
(4) Now, head to the content setting where you’ll come across an already created feed template. You can customize it with the options provided.
(5) It will let you change multiple format settings from the menu, including decimal, currency symbol, points, date format, currency, and more.
(6) After that, you must head to the conditions section. From there, you can add several conditions for multiple products based on category or any other condition.
(7) Save your preferences and click on generate to create the feed.
(1) Find your way to the Facebook business suite and then to the ads manager.
(2) Select assets and then commerce manager from the panel on the left.
(3) Click on add catalog, which will bring a catalog configuration menu before you. In the type selection section, click on e-commerce products. After that, click next.
(4) After reaching the configure settings section, enter the Catalog name and Catalog owner. You may choose to update product info directly or connect to your e-commerce platform. End the process by clicking on create.
(5) The Catalog Manager window will pop up from where you must navigate to Catalog and then to Data sources on the left menu. Select “Use bulk upload” from there.
(6) When you’re at the Choose upload option, you can upload the file directly, do it via Google sheets, or set up a scheduled feed. Click on next once you select your preference.
(7) If you choose a scheduled feed, you have to give the URL of the site where you’re hosting the feed. Password-protected URL users will have to provide those credentials. After taking care of it, click on next.
(8) You should be at the scheduled updates menu at this point. You may provide the exact time to schedule the feed uploads. Click next again.
(9) Finish the feed upload by providing the name of the data source, as well as the currency. Complete the process by clicking on the finish button.
(1) Make your way to Google Adwords and then to Setup to open Google merchant center.
(2) Click on Products, which should be in the left menu.
(3) Now, go to the settings section and click on the Linked Accounts button. Send a request to link the account with Google Adwords from there.
(4) Head back to Google Adwords again and accept the link account request by entering the Setup and choosing the Linked accounts section.
(5) Browse Google Merchant center and add a new primary feed. You’ll see a three-step setup window where you have to enter basic info, such as your country and language.
(6) Check the shopping ads section in select destinations and click on next.
(7) Now, enter the feed name. There will be multiple options for you to upload the Google feed.
(8) At the final stage of the setup, enter the name of the feed file and fetch time settings and URL of the same. It should be enough to upload your Google product data feed successfully.
Do you think you can do everything elucidated here? Even if you can, you may not be able to spare enough time. Business owners always have too much to deal with. That’s why it’s best for busy people like you to rely on professional service providers.
Their team did a great job of managing the timeline and communicating their progress throughout the project. They were accommodating in the face of unexpected changes and delivered all key features. The updated app made it easier to track budgets and improved the finance department’s efficiency.
The new site is high functioning and has experienced an increase in users. The Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd team’s availability made the collaboration effortless and productive. They fostered a professional environment and produced a final product with no major problems.
The team delivered top-tier apps that garnered positive feedback from users and had minimal issues. They excelled at project management and were committed to surpassing expectations.
The enhanced system eliminated delays, streamlined reporting processes, and simplified every department’s workflow. Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd communicated clearly and delivered each task on time. Their prompt, thorough approach kept the project on track.
It was a great experience to working with Moon Technolabs.We have worked on serveral Android App development Projects over the past year and are currently working on the iOS version of one of them. The team is very professional and responsive. In particular, they follow good project management practices,assigning ,me to a Project Manager, Who has been the single…
WThe client was pleased with the quality of final product, which was delivered on time. Moon Technolabs was responsive throughout the project.
The client has been happy with both the web design and marketing services provided. The time difference and slight language barrier have been a modest hindrance to collaboration, but have not impacted overall satisfaction.
Moon Technolabs have helped me in designing & developing this attractive iPad/iPhone Coloring book app and have supported me from scratch till uploading the app on App stores. I am highly recommending them for the best company in iPhone and iPad app.
The project timeline and estimates were on point and the end client was ultimately happy with the product.
The team often went further than was expected and needed.
The updated app has yet to launch, but Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd met every milestone ahead of time without sacrificing quality. Customers can expect an experienced team that provides speedy service and prompt responses to questions or issues. Their timeliness despite time zone differences stood out.