Completed 12 Years
Last Updated: 26 Jan 2021 | 8 min read
Are you thinking about resorting to Joomla to create your e-commerce store? Then you’re in the right place. If you continue reading, you’ll learn everything you need to get started.
Opting to sell products and services over the web means taking a significant step forward for your business, and you can do it without professional support if you utilize Joomla.
The process of catering to the requirements of customers via products and services is what everyone recognizes as e-commerce these days. If you choose to go online, you will inform a massive audience about your presence and expand your client base.
Creating such a web-based store used to be extremely challenging, even a few years ago. Today, however, you have access to modern e-commerce tools and systems. By using them, creating an e-commerce store will be a piece of cake!
If you continue reading, you’ll find a step-by-step guide on how to customize eCommerce store using Joomla.
(1) Domain name registration: The first step is to register a domain name for your website and acquire web hosting services. Make sure you pick a simple domain name everyone will remember. The web hosting service provider you choose will dictate whether it will be easy for you to install Joomla on your machine or not. So, decide carefully.
(2) Installing Joomla and familiarizing with it: As already mentioned above, your web hosting service provider will dictate how easy or difficult it will be to install Joomla. Remember to speak with the service provider if you need help. Once you finish the installation, you must familiarize yourself with the platform. You’ll find two blue boxes that you can opt-out of. These pop-ups ask for permission regarding collecting statistical data and reading post-installation messages. If you turn to the left, you’ll find several shortcuts. You have to use them frequently as they are part of the admin section. It will let you add new articles, alter the menu structure, or install extensions. You’ll find crucial pieces of information on the condition of your site on the right. The taskbar is at the top, and it needs your attention more than anything else.
(3) Choose and install a template: Joomla contains several content management systems, and it even lets you change the design of the website without coding. The tools you’ll need for this purpose are “templates.” Since your website’s appearance, functionality, and other aspects depend on them, you must choose one with deliberation. Once you find something you like, you have to install it. Just download it as a zip file and upload the same under “install.” You’ll find it in the “extensions” section.
(4) Design customization: While building your website, one of the main objectives is to create your preferred design.
Most templates usually offer users at least one customization option. You can access it by clicking on the name of the template from the list. From them, you can tweak a few things, such as the colour, font, font size, logo, etc.
(5) Using and assigning modules: At this point, the website may look good, but you can’t stop here. Otherwise, it will remain inconclusive and empty. You have to move on to content creation from here. In that regard, you need modules to work with. You must enable the module preview mode to create a page from scratch. Once you understand how to handle modules, you need to assign them to appropriate positions. The options you need are in the “modules” section available under “extensions.”
(6) Page creation: The procedures described above are somewhat challenging to follow. Fortunately, not everything associated with creating an e-commerce platform on Joomla is tricky. Here’s an easy part – it’s time to create pages. An exclusive feature offered by Joomla is that you can create a page in one location and make them appear in another, entirely different area. Pages are nothing more than blogs or articles. For this task, you need to go to “content,” followed by “articles.” Once you get there, click on “add a new article.”
(7) Page assigning: Now you have to let visitors access the pages you created. You need to assign them to a menu to do that. There’s a “menus” section under which you’ll find a house icon assigned to the same. It’s the one that you’re working on. For assigning a new link to it, select the “add new menu item” option.
(8) Include a blog section and install extensions: You mustn’t create pages only. You also need a blog section for your e-commerce platform. Without it, you can’t feed information to your customers and solve their problems. Adding a blog page isn’t difficult at all. You can do it by selecting “content” from “categories” and choosing “add a new category.” The final task is to add extensions. You need them to add new features and functionalities to your website. There’s an official extension directory of Joomla. You’ll find all the extensions you need in this section. Now, picking the right ones from approximately 8,000 different extensions will be a bit difficult. You must gather extra information about these extensions and how to choose them using the internet.
At the moment, Joomla is a go-to CMS for e-commerce platforms. It eases the task of creating and implementing e-commerce platforms. The simplification of Joomla is unique as you’ll spot it from the beginning to the end. Whether it’s about installing Joomla or creating product lists, everything is exceptionally simple. Every e-commerce website crafted using Joomla is among the most versatile ones. With the information provided above, you’re only a few clicks away from creating an e-commerce website using a resourceful system.
Their team did a great job of managing the timeline and communicating their progress throughout the project. They were accommodating in the face of unexpected changes and delivered all key features. The updated app made it easier to track budgets and improved the finance department’s efficiency.
The new site is high functioning and has experienced an increase in users. The Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd team’s availability made the collaboration effortless and productive. They fostered a professional environment and produced a final product with no major problems.
The team delivered top-tier apps that garnered positive feedback from users and had minimal issues. They excelled at project management and were committed to surpassing expectations.
The enhanced system eliminated delays, streamlined reporting processes, and simplified every department's workflow. Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd communicated clearly and delivered each task on time. Their prompt, thorough approach kept the project on track.
It was a great experience to working with Moon Technolabs.We have worked on serveral Android App development Projects over the past year and are currently working on the iOS version of one of them. The team is very professional and responsive. In particular, they follow good project management practices,assigning ,me to a Project Manager, Who has been the single...
WThe client was pleased with the quality of final product, which was delivered on time. Moon Technolabs was responsive throughout the project.
The client has been happy with both the web design and marketing services provided. The time difference and slight language barrier have been a modest hindrance to collaboration, but have not impacted overall satisfaction.
Moon Technolabs have helped me in designing & developing this attractive iPad/iPhone Coloring book app and have supported me from scratch till uploading the app on App stores. I am highly recommending them for the best company in iPhone and iPad app.
The project timeline and estimates were on point and the end client was ultimately happy with the product.
The team often went further than was expected and needed.
The updated app has yet to launch, but Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd met every milestone ahead of time without sacrificing quality. Customers can expect an experienced team that provides speedy service and prompt responses to questions or issues. Their timeliness despite time zone differences stood out.