Completed 12 Years
Last Updated: 08 Feb 2021 | 8 min read
Despite being a novel concept, the Internet of Things or IoT made immense progress over the last few years. Hundreds and thousands of companies are currently attempting to tap into IoT app development to explore further business opportunities. If you’re thinking about getting one created for your company, you must know how much it will cost you.
The Internet of Things or IoT managed to establish itself as a unique form of technology that can connect industries across the world.
Regardless of the number of tech trends you explore, you will inevitably find IoT in the list of the most renowned innovations. It promises to establish a connection that will span the entire globe. It will also be ready to give opportunities to business owners that are thinking about controlling every machine and device through their smartphone.
The immense demand experienced by the IoT mobile app industry brought forth a positive sentiment-driven outlook for this technology, which in turn gave birth to statistical data proving its rise.
Since business owners are aware of how IoT can help them in their ventures, they wish to know how much it will cost them to get it created.
Now it’s time for you to take a look at the aspects that will dictate your IoT app development solution cost:
(1) Design and features: It goes without saying that the design and features of every app play crucial roles in determining the expenses. Everything from color combinations, content type, to font size will affect the overall effectiveness of your IoT application. Additionally, in today’s digitized world, customer experiences will determine how you must develop any mobile or web application. You must invest in UI/UX design to make it perfect for your targeted audience. Naturally, the features of your IoT app will dictate its efficiency. If you don’t include at least two or three advanced systems, you may lose the race against your competitors.
(2) Selecting hardware: The next point of consideration is the hardware. The hardware type you integrate with your app will affect the development cost. You need to know about the hardware stages that help you select and design your IoT app and influence the final cost.
(3) App infrastructure: Just like hardware, the app infrastructure has several aspects that will contribute to the overall development charges.
(4) Size and complicatedness: Apart from all the features and hardware choices, the complexity of your business will have a say in the amount of money you must spend for your enterprise IoT application. Designing one for smart home systems isn’t as pricey as building one for a business company that deals with complicated matters. Also, the overall complexity of the app itself will increase its price.
(5) The development team: Selecting the right tech partner will have a direct impact on the development cost. You must take your time and find the right third-party development agency. Remember to stay away from freelancers, at least for IoT projects. A standalone freelancer can’t create something as complicated as an IoT application without appropriate hardware, software, tech stack, knowledge, and experience.
(6) Testing and releasing: After your development team finishes the work of development, they will test the app. As already mentioned earlier, testing of every kind, whether hardware or app testing, will cost you. Automated testing systems are of inestimable value as they pinpoint even the most insignificant of errors that may affect user experiences. Once your IoT app passes through the testing phase unscathed, you can release it.
(7) Maintenance: The job doesn’t end with the deployment of the application. You need to stay in touch with your development team so that they can run diagnostics, keep tabs on what your users have to say, fix bugs, and release updates. No matter what kind of app you release, the real work begins after a user installs it on his/her smartphone.
As you can see, there are a lot of things dictating the cost of developing an IoT application. Standard projects usually have a price tag of $18,000, while medium-sized apps can cost you up to $24,000. Complex projects, on the other hand, can reach $30,000 or higher.
Their team did a great job of managing the timeline and communicating their progress throughout the project. They were accommodating in the face of unexpected changes and delivered all key features. The updated app made it easier to track budgets and improved the finance department’s efficiency.
The new site is high functioning and has experienced an increase in users. The Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd team’s availability made the collaboration effortless and productive. They fostered a professional environment and produced a final product with no major problems.
The team delivered top-tier apps that garnered positive feedback from users and had minimal issues. They excelled at project management and were committed to surpassing expectations.
The enhanced system eliminated delays, streamlined reporting processes, and simplified every department’s workflow. Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd communicated clearly and delivered each task on time. Their prompt, thorough approach kept the project on track.
It was a great experience to working with Moon Technolabs.We have worked on serveral Android App development Projects over the past year and are currently working on the iOS version of one of them. The team is very professional and responsive. In particular, they follow good project management practices,assigning ,me to a Project Manager, Who has been the single…
WThe client was pleased with the quality of final product, which was delivered on time. Moon Technolabs was responsive throughout the project.
The client has been happy with both the web design and marketing services provided. The time difference and slight language barrier have been a modest hindrance to collaboration, but have not impacted overall satisfaction.
Moon Technolabs have helped me in designing & developing this attractive iPad/iPhone Coloring book app and have supported me from scratch till uploading the app on App stores. I am highly recommending them for the best company in iPhone and iPad app.
The project timeline and estimates were on point and the end client was ultimately happy with the product.
The team often went further than was expected and needed.
The updated app has yet to launch, but Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd met every milestone ahead of time without sacrificing quality. Customers can expect an experienced team that provides speedy service and prompt responses to questions or issues. Their timeliness despite time zone differences stood out.