Last Updated: 28 Jan 2021 | 10 min read
Are you curious about how you should build a mobile app? You’re probably searching for answers on the internet because you aren’t sure about where to begin. Well, you’ve found the guide you need. Go through it and learn everything about building an app from scratch.
Mobile applications generated almost $189 billion in 2020 through app stores and in-app advertisements. Experts also say that enterprise mobility will be more than $500 billion by 2022.
While many companies are attempting to take advantage of this trend, many business owners don’t know how to create an app from scratch. Earning success within a competitive landscape and becoming part of the projections mentioned above is possible. However, you need a perfectly cultivated app development process.
An effective strategy incorporates several phases – 6 to be precise. Through this write-up, you’ll take a closer look at each.
There’s no need to fret over the scope and size of the project as long as you stick to the development process flow elucidated here.
(1) Strategizing: The first step to develop the best mobile app with trending features then you have to define the strategy through which your idea will turn into a successful application. You may even consider including a more significant portion of this step in your overall enterprise mobility tactic. Your goals of developing an app differ from others, but you have to consider an app-based impact on the mobility strategy that you must address during the development process. In this stage, you will do the following.
(2) Planning and analysis: It’s the stage where your idea starts taking shape and changes into a live project. Analysis and planning should start in this phase by defining user cases and gathering detailed functional necessities. Once you identify the needs of your app, you have to prepare a roadmap for the product. You must prioritize mobile app requirements and categorize them into delivery-based milestones.
If you’re facing issues regarding time, money, and other resources, you have to define your minimum viable product or MVP and put it about others during the initial launch. A significant portion of the planning process incorporates pinpointing the skills required for your project. For instance, Android required different tech stacks compared to iOS and vice versa. If you wish to create an app for both iOS and Android platforms, you need cross-platform app development specialists to look into the project. You also have to choose a name for your app while keeping in mind that nobody else is using it.
(3) Designing UI/UX: The ultimate purpose of a mobile app is to offer seamless and effortless user experiences combined with a polished look. Also, the app’s success depends on how users adopt it and reap the benefits of its features. Here’s where UI/UX design comes into play to make the app intuitive, interactive, and user-friendly.
(4) Developing the app: During this phase, app developers will start working on developing the application. Planning is an integral part of this section too. Before you turn your attention towards development or programming, you must define the technical architecture, select a tech stack, and describe the development milestones you wish to achieve.
(5) Testing the app: Creating a prototype won’t be enough. You must perform thorough quality assurance checks during every phase of development. If you want app testing to be as comprehensive as possible, you must prepare test cases to address every aspect.
(6) Launching and supporting: The final stage involves deploying the app and providing constant support. You mustn’t forget to create a developer’s account and provide metadata for the following.
Developing an app is an ongoing process. You have to keep your foot down after the initial deployment and introduce changes to the app based on user feedback. You may also have to add extra features and functions based on what your users say.