Last Updated: 05 Apr 2021 | 5 min read | Category: Mobile App Development |
With an app for ordering groceries online, folks can restock their refrigerators and kitchen shelves within minutes. They don’t even have to step outside their front doors. If you want to get your grocery app developed, and if you’re seeking inspiration, then these apps deserve your attention. Almost every resident of the USA is using one of these applications to get their groceries delivered to their doorstep.
Today’s consumers don’t have enough time. Nobody wants to go to a grocery shop, buy what they need, and haul the caboodle back home. App development agencies realized it long ago. That’s why they started launching mobile applications that allow an individual to place orders for products and get them delivered at their doorstep. Folks realize that if they download grocery delivery applications on their phones, they can go about their way unhindered as the grocery company will deliver the products.
As the owner of an existing grocery business or an entrepreneur, you have the chance to hire a top grocery delivery app development company to get an app developed. However, the cost to develop a quality grocery delivery app shouldn’t be the first thought to penetrate the recesses of your mind. Instead, you need to take a look at the apps that are winning the hearts of the people of a country like the USA. When it comes to gaining inspiration, these apps deserve your attention. By the time you reach the end of this topic, you’ll have an idea of how much you have to spend to get an application developed.
(1) Safeway: Safeway is quite a reputed name in the field of online grocery delivery services in North America. In reality, it has been a leading grocery delivery company in the USA for several years already. Just like most of the grocery chains of today, Safeway introduced its mobile application to facilitate business growth and reach out to new customers. The product portfolio of the company is large enough, which adds to this company’s popularity. They have an all-inclusive network of distributors, manufacturers, and establishments. Safeway caters to the requirements of its customers through more than 1678 stores spread across the United States of America and Canada. The delivery fee is usually $10, but buyers won’t have to pay it if the overall amount of the products ordered hits $150. The minimum order value is $30.
(2) Shipt: This one is a relatively new entrant, but it didn’t take long for the company to create a mark in the field of business with its incredible services. An individual can pay a monthly fee of $14 or a yearly membership fee of $99 to get their favourite food items and everyday requirements delivered to his/her doorstep without any problems. Bill Smith is the entrepreneur behind Shipt who created and launched it in Birmingham, AL. The app is currently earning around $120 million every year with an employee base of 604 specialists. It also raised around $65.9 million through funding and gave fierce competition to businesses like AmazonFresh, Burpy, etc.
(3) Instacart: It’s another grocery delivery app that lets people get their products delivered to their doorstep in less than sixty minutes. Instacart even allows a buyer to choose his/her favourite stores, such as Fairway, CVS, Whole Foods Market, and Petco. These are the companies working with Instacart. Commoners can avail of the services of this platform with exclusive offers like free-of-charge delivery if they purchase products above $35. The minimum order value has to be at least $10. The annual membership price is $149. Apoorva Mehta laid the foundation of this app and the company back in 2015, who was an employee of Amazon. The company managed to earn $150 million through funding options, which, in turn, added to its financial value and raised it to $350 million.
(4) Boxed: This firm delivers grocery products in bulk straight to the front door of the buyer. Those who need items like fruits, eggs, milk, and vegetables in bulk can rely on Boxed without hesitation. Buyers can schedule the deliveries with Boxed Express. However, the Express shipments offered by Boxed have individual minimum order values and delivery fees. Naturally, the expenses can add up. If a customer expects free shipping, he/she needs to place an order worth $49 or above. The overall delivery fee on every order below $49 is $7. When it comes to memberships, Boxed provides an optional offer of $49 per year for free-of-cost shipping services.
(5) Peapod: This app is efficient enough and lets a buyer use filters to create the perfect grocery list. Thomas Parkinson and Andrew Parkinson launched Peapod back in 1989 in Chicago, and it has an employee base consists of 4600 workers. Peapod happens to the largest grocery delivery service provider in the USA that received funding of $37 million. There has been only one round of funding. However, it doesn’t stop the company from earning $200 million annually.
As you can see, these applications possess enough features to help them acquire a spot in almost every list of the best grocery delivery apps in the USA. You can hire a top grocery delivery app development company to get your application developed. Now, the cost to develop a quality grocery delivery app development can be anywhere between $40,000 to $200,000. Of course, it depends on the features you wish to incorporate. So, consider your options and see what you can come up with.
Their team did a great job of managing the timeline and communicating their progress throughout the project. They were accommodating in the face of unexpected changes and delivered all key features. The updated app made it easier to track budgets and improved the finance department’s efficiency.
The new site is high functioning and has experienced an increase in users. The Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd team’s availability made the collaboration effortless and productive. They fostered a professional environment and produced a final product with no major problems.
The team delivered top-tier apps that garnered positive feedback from users and had minimal issues. They excelled at project management and were committed to surpassing expectations.
The enhanced system eliminated delays, streamlined reporting processes, and simplified every department’s workflow. Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd communicated clearly and delivered each task on time. Their prompt, thorough approach kept the project on track.
It was a great experience to working with Moon Technolabs.We have worked on serveral Android App development Projects over the past year and are currently working on the iOS version of one of them. The team is very professional and responsive. In particular, they follow good project management practices,assigning ,me to a Project Manager, Who has been the single…
WThe client was pleased with the quality of final product, which was delivered on time. Moon Technolabs was responsive throughout the project.
The client has been happy with both the web design and marketing services provided. The time difference and slight language barrier have been a modest hindrance to collaboration, but have not impacted overall satisfaction.
Moon Technolabs have helped me in designing & developing this attractive iPad/iPhone Coloring book app and have supported me from scratch till uploading the app on App stores. I am highly recommending them for the best company in iPhone and iPad app.
The project timeline and estimates were on point and the end client was ultimately happy with the product.
The team often went further than was expected and needed.
The updated app has yet to launch, but Moon Technolabs Pvt Ltd met every milestone ahead of time without sacrificing quality. Customers can expect an experienced team that provides speedy service and prompt responses to questions or issues. Their timeliness despite time zone differences stood out.