Why Apple/iOS Developers should shift to Swift?
Get ready to move to Swift and replace C ! Attention, iOS app developers and companies, it’s time to realize the benefits of swift programming language and shift to it. Swift is slowly replacing C for embedded programming on Apple platforms. Moreover, it is best replacement of Objective-C in app development for MAC, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch etc.
After 4 years of research, finally Swift can be used with Apple products based on Objective C, it is also used in sync with Apple’s Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks. Let’s dig deep and understand why iOS developers should use Swift in iOS app Development.
Swift Programming Language
Swift is a coding language created for iOS, OS X development by Apple Inc. which is designed to work with Apple’s Cocoa Touch frameworks.
Let’s understand why Swift?
If you are in a confusion, whether to adopt Swift over Objective C than below are few reasons of why to shift to swift.
- Interoperability and Compatibility:- An interface between Objective C and Swift that helps make the best designs and programming practices. Developers can use codes written in Objective C in Swift and vice versa. Swift apps are compatible with latest iOS versions, OS X Yosemite and OS X Mavericks.
- Swift is Speedier:- App developers enjoy writing Swift apps as they are easier. Apple is focused on improving the speed at which Swift can run logic. Programming is faster as they do not have to import references for setting up the main function. Libraries handle most of the OSX and iOS user references, resulting in agile app development. According to Apple, programs written in Swift will run 73% faster as compared to those written in Objective C.
- Swift is Safe:- Swift is a strongly typed language and this default setting is always in place preventing false coding due to faulty input.Swift generates a compiler error AS you write a bad code.Moreover it reduces the resources spent on bug fixing. What happens is that Swift prompts a runtime crash that provides consistent behaviour forcing the developer to fix the issue immediately. Type inference makes Swift type safe. This feature reduces code length.
- Less Code and Quick Development:- Swift differentiates itself by reducing the amount of coding required for repetitive statements and string management. It has adopted features that are seen in modern day programming languages for example two strings can simply be added together with a “+” operator. Combining two pieces of information is quite a tedious task in Objective C as there are many steps to be taken.
- Faster Release and Quicker Updates:- The lengthy bug fixes and development processes are eliminated, for an App development company Swift saves time and man hours. The simpler the code, the smoother the reuse. Due to codes being simple, programmers spend less time on its reuse and can roll out updates (and new app versions) quite frequently.
There is much more than this. Swift had been into developer’s mind and now they can’t code without using it. After considering so much benefits and reasons, Swift is obvious to use. It has given developers a motivation to create competitive apps in less time
Moon Technolabs has a team of iOS developers who are expert and comfortable in using swift and made edge winning apps over a short period of time. Now freshers, developers, companies, independent app makers everyone can move to Swift and bring their talent out to the world.